Spare Ribs with Black Beans Sauce
Written by Bruce on 28 August 2020
- 2 pounds pork spare ribs (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons cornstarch (dissolved in 4 teaspoons water)
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon broth
- 1 cup water (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and and stir-fry until aromatic (about 15 seconds).
- Add spare ribs and stir-fry until they are lightly browned on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in sauce mixture and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate, garnish with optional sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve with rice.
Bon Appetit !!!