Written by Bruce on 2 October 2020
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 fresh coriander plants(leaves)
- I fish head (red snapper, perch, cod or haddock)
- 10 cup/2.5 litres water
- 2 uncooked crabs, clean and cut into pieces
- 12 medium uncooked prawns
- shelled and deveined
- 185g/6oz fish fillets, cut into chunks
- Place tomatoes and onions in a food processor to make a purée.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic and cook stirring, for 1 minute or until golden.
- Stir in tomatoes mixture, then add oregano leaves and coriander leaves bring to simmering and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add fish head and water and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain stock and discard solids.
- Return stock to a clean saucepan.
- Add crabs and prawns to stock, bring to simmering and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add fish and simmer for 1/2 minutes or until all seafood is cooked.
Serve with garlic bread.